Monday, November 17, 2008

Reflection of 2006 - The Year of Your Love and Faithfulness

By Melissa Chua, 29 December 2006.



The beginning of 2006 was the year I started my walk with the Lord. Jesus revealed Himself to through His words. The Bible became alive to me from the day I have accepted Him as my Lord and Saviour on 12 March 2006. Since then, my life has turned from darkness to light. The truth of life revealed to me. I am born not just to exist and die but I am His image for He created man His own image and likeness (Genesis 1:27).



First quarter of the year 2006 was my transition period from worldly to godly life, many things I have abandoned; the bad, the rotten, the condemned, the unforgiveness and condemnation of my life. I began to thirst for God’s word, His love and forgiveness. It was also a period of time that I took my baby step of faith. It was my first baby step to prayer, cell group, Church, fellowship, devotion and these baby steps I took were small but the Lord sees me. From broad gate I came to narrow gate (Matthew 7:13-14). When the broad gate I traveled became narrower, the world fades; I can see myself walking closely with Jesus more intimately.

During the mid year was the time of His favor and wisdom poured on to me. By His grace I am strengthened; in my studies, love for teamwork and believing all things are possible. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, surely your plans will succeed.” (Proverbs 16:4) It was also the time my fellowship with my new friends blossomed. He also gave me the courage to leave what is not right and just follow Him.

Between August and September 2006, was the time I was in a struggled at my workplace. But it was the worst time and struggles I went through that God rebuked me, taught me and trained me in His righteousness. I became dependent on Him. I was more filled by Him. He became my protector, my refuge and my resource of wisdom and strength. I was trained to become the salt and light (Matthew 5:13-14) at the most challenging time.



By October 2006, by His grace I am blessed with a wonderful job at Public Bank with good co-workers relationship. Though times the story of Ruth in the book of Ruth relates very much to me. When I fall, Jesus became my Kinsman Redeemer. He redeems me all the time whenever I fall into a pit. Many times we can’t see the Harvest was beginning while we are in the wilderness. When I felt unworthy, He told me, “See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.” (Isaiah 49:16). I am unworthy yet Jesus loves me so much.

In November 2006, God revealed to me how “ugly” I can be before Him. I am ashamed and condemned. I can do so many things to worship Him, to orchestra life instead of handing it to Him. Who knows better than Him? Me? Or You? God reminded me to be humble just like how He thought me before. I forgot about it. The seed of pride grew in me until He spoke to me from (Deuteronomy 8:2-5). He asked me to remember how I was in the desert in wilderness for the past 23 years without Him, that He humbled me from all the difficult situations, to test me to know what was in my heart. How I can’t live on food alone but by the Word of God and that He disciplines me like His own daughter when I was disobedience.



25th December 2006 is my first anniversary walking with the Lord. It was an anniversary if when I received my Bible from a friend last year. It is a very significant date because it is the birth of my new life and because it was first the birth of Christ’s life.  He is the way, the truth and the life. (John 10:10)

28th December 2006 is the greatest day of my life. It is not how much I love Him neither how much I gave to show Him my love. I can never be a lover like Him. Jesus loves me so much and He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrew 13:8). I learnt from my cell members, it is not my love and my faithfulness but it was His. God is so good and I stand in awe of Him. He did not come to earth as a King to be served but to serve. He became poor and became a servant of man so man will know His love. I am still utterly amazed. 

At times, I became exhausted and fearful but the Lord says it is not the great things that are great but it is the unseen and the smallest thing comes from a servant’s heart. The Lord gave me joy today when Jesus said, “If, as my representatives, you give even a cup of cold water to a little child, you will surely be rewarded.” (Matthew 10:42) I am not looking forward for success and financial awards but to be rewarded with His joy in my heart. 



He is my Creator who paint the morning sky for me, He is my Sanctification who sanctifies me, my Healer, He is my Lord Saviour, He is my Kinsman Redeemer and my strong Man…He loves me and all the people that He lives to die for us. How can I choose to be without Him? My All in All. 

2007 will be the year of Harvest beginning. I pray that I will become more fruitful and bear more fruit that I can continue to be His B.A.B.E. (Be A Blessing Everywhere). I hope that I can take a step further of faith and that more will also enjoy His love. I can trust Him because “It is better to take refuge in the Lord” (Psalms 118:8) I pray that I will learn to trust Him more and “the Lord bless you and keep you.” (Numbers 6:24) 

Love in Christ,
Melissa Chua



P/S: What happens tomorrow depends upon today. Choose Life. Choose God.

1 comment:

Illustrator said...

Continue to lean on HIm ;D